FLU CLINICS 2020: All patients eligible for an NHS flu vaccination will receive an invitation either by text message or letter. Please note that appointments are booked by invitation only. Therefore, we cannot offer you an appointment until you have received your invitation.
If you have received an invitation for a flu vaccination and wish to book an appointment, please call our designated Flu Line on 01635 248251 option 5. To ensure that effective social distancing can take place, clinics will be held at Chieveley Surgery only.
65+ years – Saturday 12th September & Saturday 19th September
18-64 years (NHS eligible only) – Saturday 10th October
All NHS eligible adults – Saturday 24th October
50+ years (not otherwise NHS eligible) – TBC (Nov/Dec 2020)*
Children (School Year Recp – Year 7) – Vaccination organised by school
Children School Year 8 – age 17 (NHS eligible only) – TBC
* Please note that if you are aged between 50 and 64 and not in a clinical at risk group, the earliest you will be offered a flu vaccination is November, providing there is sufficient vaccine. No appointments will be offered for people in this age group until then. This is to ensure that those who are most at risk are vaccinated first. If you are aged 50 to 64 and are in a clinical ‘at risk’ group which is eligible for the flu vaccination, for example you have a health condition which puts you at risk from the flu, you will be invited earlier.
Our teams are working hard to ensure that this year’s flu clinics can be carried out in the safest and most efficient way possible. The safety of patients and staff is our priority. Please note the following important information:
- Please DO NOT attend if you are unwell, displaying any symptoms of coronavirus, and/or have had recent contact with anyone with confirmed coronavirus.
- All clinics are by appointment only. If you arrive at the practice without an appointment, you will be asked to leave and contact our Monday – Friday team to book an appointment.
- Please wear a face covering. If you do not have a face mask, you can use a scarf or similar item to cover your nose and mouth. Please note that due to PPE shortages, we are unable to supply face masks on arrival.
- Entry to the practice is subject to a routine non-invasive temperature check.
- Please arrive promptly at your appointment time. If you arrive more than 5 minutes early, you will be asked to wait outside until at least 5 minutes before your appointment time. If you arrive late, you may be asked to re-book your appointment.
- Parking at the practice is limited. If you can, please arrive on foot.
Thank you for your co-operation.